Thursday, July 31, 2008

Now No Longer Just Pretending

Although I heard a while ago that the submission had been accepted, I can now point to the functional website of a genuine academic journal which lists an article I wrote amongst its contents. Partly because I had to take it out for blind review purposes, and partly because I guess he's not likely to read the paper unprompted anyway, I don't thank Phil for putting up with the semi-trolling which ended up, through somewhat tortous series of events, in the paper in its acknowledgments. So, thanks Phil.

4 comments:

rachele said...

Congratulations!! Glad it finally saw the light :-)

Phil said...

Cheers. You're half-right about not being likely to read it - I'm definitely interested in the topic, which includes professional values of 'interested' (i.e. I'm teaching Counter-Terrorism next year), but I'll admit I've never heard of the RJPP. The TOC's intriguing - are the papers online or what?

Rob Jubb said...

The RJPP is relatively new, and had a less functioning website than this for some time, so even with the lack of PDFs, I'm quite pleased. I guess I can probably send you a copy of my paper if you're really interested, but only mine, so I guess you'll have to petition Manchester to subscribe.

Ben said...

I beleive the usual thing to do for blind review is to remove the identifying references at the review stage (that certainly includes any to yourself, and possibly all acknowledgements) but to reinsert them before submitting the final version of the paper.

I notice the new website instructs authors to do most of the formatting and page setting themselves.