Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Soundsystem-Related Bleg

I currently have a Hitachi AX M68 stereo, and it is, not to put to fine a point on it, pissing me right off. Since the heatwave began, it has, all of its own volition, been changing its function - so switching from, say, playing a CD to playing the non-existent first auxiliary input - and the volume. I could live with this whilst it was actually hot: my room, the only window of which is south-facing, gets ridiculously hot during the day, and electronic equipment is not necessarily built to cope with those kinds of temperature extremes. But now it is not hot: in fact, it's raining. I'd rather not spend the money to buy a new stereo, as this one is only about a year and a half old, so I really need to fix it. Any ideas anyone? I have tried google, but nothing seems to come up.

Update, 10/08/06: Having left it unplugged all weekend whilst I was visiting i miei genitori, it now seems to be fine.

No comments: