One day, when all the world acknowledges, through the proper tributes of course, my genius, I will employ a subeditor. Until you will have to be content with crap post titles. Phil passed this to me. Blame him. None of these are in any particular order.
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
1) Properly learn a foreign language
2) See Macchu Picchu
3) Actually master some physical skill or other
4) Tutor a child in the ways of righteousness
5) Give a well-recieved speech
6) Make something that both works and is useful
7) Go on a proper walking holiday
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1) Touch the tip of my nose with my tongue
2) Leave an argument once it's started
3) Complicated mental arithmetic
4) Stop fiddling with my beard
5) Avoid the use of endless qualifying clauses
7) Speak a foreign language
Seven Things That Attract Me To... Other People
1) A sense of the absurd
3) The capacity to enjoy life
5) A skill with words
6) A little bitterness
7) A sense of wonder
Seven Things I Say
1) "...in the sense that..."
2) "What I think you mean is that..."
3) "For f*ck's sake!"
5) "Che fai?"*
6) "and say, mother, I can never come home any more because I seem to have left an important part of my mind somewhere, somewhere, in a field in Hampshire, oh yeah"
7) "I'm not really bothered"
Seven Books That I Love
1) Perdido Street Station, China Mieville
2) The Use of Weapons, Iain M. Banks
3) If On A Winter's Night A Traveller, Italo Calvino
4) The Periodic Table, Primo Levi
5) Count Zero, William Gibson
6) Italian Neighbours/An Italian Education, Tim Parks**
7) The Cold Six Thousand, James Ellroy
Seven Films That I Love(d)
1) The Warriors
2) Buongiorno, Notte
3) Withnail and I
4) Amores Perros
5) The Incredibles
6) The Straight Story
I'm not tagging anyone else, because I'm lazy, but if anyone wants to blame me as I blame Phil, feel free.
* Lo so che c'e una lingua straniera, ma non posso parlare bene, e anche, certamente, questo e incorreto.
** The crappy WHSmith edition that I have for some reason is both of them.
Update: Upon consultation with those in the know, it turns out that, indeed, I can't write Italian for sh*t.