Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Blogging Problems

As some of you are probably aware, for most of today there have been three more or less identical posts up here. This is because last night I tried to post the post several times and each time got error messages, and then this morning, I couldn't get into the blog to edit it. I'm not sure whether this is mostly blogger's fault or mine, but it was really irritating, so apologies. If anyone can shed any light on what went on, I'd be grateful, so that if it was because of things I did, I can avoid them in the future.

2 comments:

Pearsall Helms said...

It's just Blogger. Their system goes a bit schizo sometimes (not surprising considering how many blogs they host). I have had some of the same problems as well in the past, so I always cut and past everything into Notepad before I hit publish so that even if something goes wrong I haven't lost the whole post.

Sharon said...

Yep, it's Blogger. I've been reading Blogger users complaining about it all over the place for weeks now (much worse than a few months ago, I think). The only way to avoid it, I suspect, is to find another way of hosting your blog. And making sure that you have a backup (if only in your clipboard) of everything before you publish seems to be absolutely essential now.